See other templatesSee other templates

Factory Information

 Nduti Tea Factory was a venture by the Njunu Tea Factory farmers, due to congestion experienced as a result of increased green leaf production. The project that was meant to raise a total of 500 million saw farmers raise 30% and the rest,(70%) borrowed from Barclays Bank and European Investment Bank. Operations on trial basis started in November 2002 with the first presentation in the Mombasa Auction on 28th January 2003.


Nduti is in Zone 37 in the Global position system (G.P.S) with UTM coordinates of 0264170, 9911094. The Factory is built on 11 acres located at the foot of the Aberdare ranges 2037M  above sea level with rich well drained soils with a PH of between 5.2-6.0 and a well distributed rainfall. The factory is 82 Km from Nairobi city, while Thika the nearest major town is 38 Km from the Factory.


Nduti tea factory neighbors Makomboki to the south – west, Njunu to the south– east and Ikumbi to the north. The Factory is administratively found in Githumu sub location, Ruchu location, Kandara division Maragua district.


Nduti tea Factory serves 5448 small scale farmers with 9,034,823 bushes covering 1003 hectares. Clones of tea grown in the catchment are 31/8 which accounts 40%, others are SFS 140 (15%), S15/10(15%), 6/7(15%), 303(10%) and TN 14.

Directors

 

Titus M. Gichero- Chairman John M. Kamau- Vice Chairman   Stanley Wanjau Muiruri
 Joel Waweru Njuguna  James Kamau Gathua  Edward J.M Wanjihia 
 Erastus Gakuya- Board Member

Contact Details


Contacts

Telephone: 020-202 7267  | 0733 347449 | 0723-041702
Email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

CONTACT US

KTDA Farmers Building, Moi Avenue
P.O Box 30213, 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
info@ktdateas.com    
254 - 020 3227000 - 2 / 2221441 - 4
http://www.ktdateas.com

Go to top Feedback