CHINGA TEA FACTORY COMPANY LIMITED
Tea was first grown in 1953/54. The intense tea production facilitated the construction of Chinga Tea Factory in 1953 to serve 4,684 growers and commissioned to manufacture Stump/Clonal types of tea.
Its located 170 km north of Nairobi and 12 km south of Othaya. The area is situated at Latitude 0.5 degrees South and Longitude 36.9 degrees East. Approximately 70km south of the equator and fed by Gikira, Chinga, Rutune, Rwarai rivers. Its location next to the Aberdare ranges has seen it supplied by volcanic red loam soils and the tropial climatic condition has seen sustainable tea production in the region.
|Arthur Gachugi Mukira- Chairman||William T. Wambugu - Vice Chairman||Peter T. Kanyago- Board Member|
|Hutchison K. King'ori||Peter Kinyua||Timothy Thuku Muchiri|
Telephone: 061-20-30768 | 0735 166505 | 0724 425543