IRIAINI TEA FACTORY COMPANY LIMITED
The factory was commissioned on 5th January, 1981 with a shareholding capacity of 2115 farmers, only holding 9% of the then share value. The rest being under KTDA trustee and managing agent. The loan funding was a joint venture of the Kenya Government and African Development bank.
The Factory started with small scale holder farmers of an average of 0.5 acres totaling 510 hectares to a current hectare age of 1145 ha. The green leaf production has increased from an initial 5.1 million in 1981 to current 12.7 m in 2005, with farmers increasing from 2115 to 5747.
Iriaini Tea Factory Company limited is located at Iriaini location, Othaya Division of Nyeri District. It’s well served with two major streams: Thuti and Gikira. The factory catchment is well linked to two major towns Nyeri (Provincial Headquarter 25 km away by a tarmac road and138 km from Nairobi).
The area is covered by volcanic soil with Tea, Coffee and dairy farming being predominant. Food crops planted are maize, beans and vegetables. The factory site area is 39 ¼ acres.
Iriaini is a Fair-Trade Certified factory.
|Hutchison G. Wanjohi- Chairman||Michael N.Ndiangui- Vice Chairman||Maina D.K Kahuthia|
|Tarcisio Maina Mwangi||Andrew M. Rugara||Aloysius M. Karimi|
|Francis M. Maina- Board Member|
Telephone: 0712 388019