REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER – 8 POSITIONS [ Internal Advert ]
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for delivery of Regional Operations Services in the assigned area. These services are designed to ensure continuous improvement of performance standards, effective utilization of resources and achievement of factory companies’ objective and goals.
Factory Unit Managers in the assigned area.
- Develop and oversee the strategy development and implementation processes, and the annual operating plans and budgets of the factories;
- Formulate and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures;
- Participate in keeping operating expenses and headcount in the factories under control and within the agreed budget level;
- Appraise and evaluate the results of overall operations in the factory units regularly and systematically and reports the results to the Regional Manager;
- Oversee effective management of human resources in the factories for optimal productivity through policies and strategies that attract and retain qualified and competent staff;
- Ensure compliance to environment, health and safety standards for the factories and employees;
- Carry out monthly compliance inspection of Agriculture, Logistics, Production processes and related services, taking immediate action to assist factories address non conforming areas. A - record of the inspection shall be maintained;
- Ensure maintenance of market, regulatory and compliance certifications running in the factories.
Qualifications /Competencies/ Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies: -
- A Bachelors degree preferably in a production related field;
- Postgraduate or professional Diploma in Management from a recognized institution;
- At least two (2) years’ working experience as a Factory Unit Manager 1;
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector;
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals.'