ASSISTANT HYDROPOWER PLANT SUPERVISORS (2 POSITIONS)
KTDA Power Company Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of KTDA Holdings Ltd. Its mandate is to encourage and promote the smallholder tea sector to develop small hydro-power projects (SHP) with the aim of reducing operating costs, increasing power supply reliability, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and diversifying sources of revenue.
We are seeking to appoint competent, dynamic, highly qualified and talented professionals to join our management team in the following exciting and challenging positions. To be considered you must be computer literate, proactive and resilient. You must possess strong communication, analytical, organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the Hydropower Plant Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring smooth operation and maintenance of the hydropower plant.
- Monitoring of instrument readings as per established schedule.
- Performing physical inspections and approved minor repairs.
- Performing site tests for condition assessment when appropriate.
- Operating and maintenance of the power supply to the factory
- Scheduling preventive maintenance or life extension based condition assessment.
- Scheduling of Hydro generation in the factory in consultation with the plant supervisor.
- Implementation of SOPs
- Assisting the supervisor in the export/ import of power to KPLC and filling of the returns
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies: -
- O level C- (Minus) or equivalent.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Report writing and communication.
- Fault finding and trouble shooting.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to apply
If you fulfill the above requirements and wish to be considered, please apply online at www.ktdateas.com/recruit not later than 14th April 2017.